Thread: Chain saw
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 8:51am   #133
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 38.1%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,463 Times in 1,901 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-85-Z51 View Post
They sell marine gas at regular stations here. I think its bullshit i have to payca road tax on 60-80 gallons at a time for recreational equipment
Thats common on the lake I live on. I know a couple of marina owners and they say that living way up here all the gas comes from the same line. So we pay road tax on marine use. We do have none E gas (high test) available at many stations, that is about .90 more a gallon that the crap eathanol gas!

Gas is high to begin with in this area, then we normally pay .30 -.40 more a gallon than down in the more populated areas. Gas sold at the marinas are at least a dollar or more likely a $1.25 more a gallon than our land based gas stations.

Boating can be quite expensive up here. Most peoples season goes from Memorial weekend to Labor day, then boat is pulled from the receding reservoir!

I have my own private dock and beach. I have many 5 gallon tanks and I fill them when down in the cheaper areas. By doing my own gas delivery I save serious money.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote