JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 21,887 Times in 8,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008
Default So my wife called to get the propane tank filled ......

My wife called to get the propane tank filled at the beginning of the week since our 100 gallon outside tank was down to 25%.

Friday they exchanged the tank for a newer one and left a note saying the valve was one and to relight any pilot lights. Late this afternoon , while walking the dog, my wife points out the new tank they gave us and I notice they didn't put the screening over the holes to keep the birds out ( they build nests in the spring ).

As I'm putting the screen back in, I notice the fuel level gage is very close to the bottom

We call the number for our supplier and talk to the nice lady with the answering service. We explain that it's reading close to empty. She says she will call the service guy and he'll get back to use.

After staring at the phone for a month waiting for it to ring ( actually about 10 minutes ) , the guy calls back. I explain how we use propane for cooking, the water heater and drying clothes and we used to have a tank with 25% left and now we have a nice shiny new tank that reads empty.

He says we'll have enough propane to last until monday when they come back to fill it. He said even when the tank reads completely empty, there is still 5 gallons of propane in it. I sure hope so.

If we have to take cold showers or can't cook,Mary and I will not be happy to say the least.
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote