Old 07-21-2021, 12:49pm   #65
Norm
Barn Stall Owner #1776
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 29.2%

Thanked 15,024 Times in 4,314 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2002001941

OK, I rarely comment on these type of threads, there are no winners or losers, just a bunch of guys shouting and name calling. Since this type of "debating" is way above my pay grade, I just can not compete.

A little bit about Delaware. Lived in Maryland all my life, when we retired, we went to DE, probably the best fiscally sound move I've ever made. Property taxes are low, roads are good, a lot of open farm country and basically the coast areas are highly populated, but go away after summer, not quite a million people live in DE.

The state is broken down into three counties, New Castle to the north, Kent in the middle, Sussex, the southern county. The top and middle counties are blue big time, and have the most population, the bottom county, where I reside, is as red as it can get. The top two counties controls the state government, the bottom Sussex County is screwed, been that way for a long time, not going to change.

We have over 200 members in our Corvette club, most are transplants from surrounding states, with a good bit from NJ, NY, PA. They come here to get away from the high taxes of their home state, but still live relatively close to family.

I love living in DE, met a lot of nice folks, good eateries, etc. Once the summer vacation season is over, no more traffic jams, you basically stay away from the coast, it's easy driving, just have to know the back roads.

This photo was taken some years ago, just want to relate as to how much property tax I pay annually, the last year....................$684.....a year.

I pay no other taxes to any other entity, that's it.

Anyhow, don't put the state down because of your political beliefs, every state has its good and bad, to me, it's been very good.
Attached Thumbnails
house5.jpg  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Norm For This Useful Post: