Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,580 Times in 13,582 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
This is me speaking from personal experience, and being Covid positive as we speak. Earlier this year when they started telling people to wear masks and that the sky was falling, it really wasn’t.

I work in a high exposure environment and have had daily interactions with Covid positive individuals. Way back in March when the masks mandates first went into affect, everyone was complying at work, but no one was getting ill. Gradually people got tired of it, and compliance with masks fell off. Then as fall rolled around people started getting sick again.. Just this past week, over six of my co-workers, myself included came down with Covid. We hadn’t really been taking our masks seriously, but I have been told, that since we got sent home, mask compliance mandates are back in full affect. My opinion is that your opinion that mask usage causes covid is faulty reasoning. What it really signifies if that Covid this time around really is on the upswing. I think they pulled the trigger too soon earlier this year. At least in my workplace, this is the Covid pandemic that everyone was warning us about.

If I was a doctor or EMS, I would never go near a Covid infected individual without a mask. Saying that wearing one is what causes Covid is just ridiculous.

I'll offer this. If home air filters work, why do ducts need to be cleaned? While "proper" masks and mask protocols may impact odds of infection, I am CERTAIN, the majority of people put on the same mask time and again, or handle it often. If a mask GENUINELY stops the virus one, or both sides of every mask are collection points for the virus. They are either on the inside from an infected wearer, or the outside from others who are infected. Constant draws of breath THROUGH that collection point is absolutely going to pull in virus. Just as a dirty air filter draws dirt and dust in to the AC system. If you put a new oil filter in your car, will it scrub the engine oil? Nope. Contaminants will get through that filter because of the constant draw through those contaminants.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post: