Old 02-16-2013, 8:32am   #20
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 11,563 Times in 5,702 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

One of my oldest friends used to fly C130 in Nam, and went to B52 before getting out, My cousin was stationed for all 4 years at the SAC base in North Little Rock, it switched to TAC for his last year/few months.....

I remember taking the kids to a air show at Andrews, and it being hot and humid that day in DC, we sat under the friendly wing of the Big Ugly Fat Fellow parked there, and finally near 11 am the fog/cloud lifted enough to allow the B2 to do a pass by over the runway....it came outta the clouds like an apparition, looked nasty as hell, and SLO, and stone quiet, he dipped his wing for us, and so we saw the sawtooth trailing edges of the craft.....as he got next to us the noise picked up and was loud as hell after he passed, very odd how on the approach it was stone quiet, talk about noise control, that's IT!!!!!

My kid's G'father on their mom's side used to work for AIL in the 70's-80's....he was head of their computer department, and so got to work on retainer/contract for developing the anti radar programming for the B1 , sort of a radar vs radar, our computer vs theirs...type gig....where as the B2 just snuck in there, the B1 was not capable of sneak, so they just stood up and be smarter.....

I suppose my jealous side shows, you guys lucky as hell to be crewing/working on them toys, what a GREAT job to have, I"d been happy as a pig in shit to be doing that.....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote