Dogface
Barn Stall Owner #409
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 13,564 Times in 6,530 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2450928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
We spend a lot of time in the car, and are planning a few plane trips coming up with my 19month old. It's probably time to get him some sort of electronic tablet to keep him occupied when he's strapped into a car seat.

My wife and I are fully submerged in Apple's products/apps, and have no experience with a Fire tablet, which appears to be considerably cheaper.

I'd like to be able to download a few shows (many/most of which are on Amazon Prime). and maybe find a few interactive games he can play without wifi/internet.

While I know both devices are capable of this, what is y'alls thoughts/experiences between these two devices?

Price with a kid resistant case is definitely in the Fire's favor but that's not always the end all be all of a decision.
Chris,

Do some research on this. I have read several times now it is not good to get kids into tablets, phones too early in life. I am not sure what that age is, and yes I have seen many that do it. My kids were older before it was a craze, but are attached to them now for sure. Pretty much Apple products from the start for all of us. Mostly because we were a music family from the start.

Good luck on the ear infection stuff. I had tubes really early as well.
dwjz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dwjz06 For This Useful Post: