Old 03-18-2017, 11:25am   #7
TripleBlack
Barn Raising I
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 2,046 Times in 872 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $308343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
The shot with the two in the nest is the JPEG.

The background blur is a result of subject to background distance. The further the subject from the background with a super-telephoto the more out of focus the background will be. Depth of field is minimal with this lens.

Yes on all points.

Yup for the most part. Some of these halo's are actually movement of the out of focus branches behind the birds. The JPEG conversions and in camera sharpening caused a lot of the other little issues.

This is why I'm shooting more and more in RAW for everything. I don't care for the exaggerated colors in JPEG and I REALLY don't like the in camera sharpening. It's always far to strong.

I'm going to go back and fix the shot with the noise in it. I'll post it here and you guys (and girl ) can tell me if it was worth the effort.

--T
This one was easier for me than your NTT posts... my music wheelhouse is a decade or so earlier than most your your NTT subjects.

Look forward to seeing the results. I just watched a tutorial on how to easily remove halos like these a few days ago but don't recall the exact technique. I think it involved using "Defringe".

Out for the day and have a shoot tonight of the Dallas skyline, so hopefully something to share. Shooting from Trammell Crow park, Wendy.

Will check back in tomorrow.
TripleBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TripleBlack For This Useful Post: