lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Activity: 4.6%

Thanked 20,246 Times in 6,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9339471

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
we eat out twice a year. my birthday and Mrs. DAB's birthday. that's it. Outback for me, TBD for her.

with a little patience and effort we can cook fine meals in our redone kitchen just fine, and can skip 20 min of driving each way and another 20 min of waiting for something to happen once there.

Salmon tonight.

i may not plate our food real fancy, but it's good eats.
I agree. I haven't been out to eat in almost a year. I went to Ruth's Chris's Steak House, paid over $100 for two of us. My wife's Filet Mignon was perfect she said, but my "trout" (tasted suspiciously like talapia) was not good, and neither were the enormous side dishes.

I'm a pretty good cook since a chef friend from Greece taught me, and I think what I cook at home is just as good as any restaurant's offerings at much less cost and and I know healthier.Although I will eat some shrimp that is for sale here that is direct from the Gulf Coast, my other seafood comes from Alaska: Halibut, scallops, and hughe Spot Shrimp that taste more like lobster.

My side dishes are usally simple, like steamed kale and other things from my garden. The rest of the year I eat from the farmer's market.
lspencer534 is offline   Reply With Quote