Barn Stall Owner #9

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 23.4%

Thanked 21,135 Times in 8,338 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35999378
Default So my new friends in the hotel business...

On my last trip to Jersey City, staying at a national chain, the Food and Beverage manager overheard me stating to the bar tender that I would likely be staying on their property every other week for the next year. He made an introduction and gave me his business card and said if there is anything we can do...

Fast forward to today, I reached out to him and indicated the client had green-lighted the travel expenses and that I would be there again this Sunday. Manager taking some days off for his birthday, but we will be able to reconnect while I'm there. I mentioned that I eat there nearly every night, but the choice of New York Strip as the only steak item would get old. I inquired about the possibility of ordering off-menu cuts of steak and other items, and not only has he indicated that this would be possible, he has included the head chef in the email chain and instructed "Jim" to take care of me.

I LOVE quid pro quo. The client I work for will be spending about $5,000 a month for my travel budget, and this hotel will receive a large chunk of that. For them to be flexible and willing to accommodate my "needs" is quite nice.

I purposely kept brands out of the thread. Just nice to see a property that truly knows how to go the extra mile for customer service. Oh....and it's quite likely I will be buying 2 large format monitors that I can connect to my notebook when I'm there, only to be stored by the hotel when I'm gone.
Datawiz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Datawiz For This Useful Post: