NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 27.0%

Thanked 21,043 Times in 8,310 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35999378

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfontaine View Post
Saying this as a former Technical Director at Fortune 500 company ... these big firms don't really set their compensation policies up around super high performers like you Craig. Basically, the plan is for the normal employee, and folks slightly better and slightly worse than that. We lost several ultra high performers because we just could not get them to a higher salary fast enough for their contribution levels. YMMV but I am going to say IBM is similar to us and you will become frustrated with the pay part.

Now - if you decide you want to instead slow down a bit, take a little more free time, and still have a rewarding career /job and ride it until you retire - that can make all the sense in the world. Just set your expectations accordingly.
This is still consulting. There is no slowing down. Each new job has it's full bag of deadlines and headaches. Listening to what you just said makes me want to explore the smaller entity. Even though they are part of a mid-sized entity, the chance of buyout down the road is still there.

As you have summarized, I'm now a number, and being a number will not be able to accommodate high achievers. I have to figure out the next move appropriately.
Datawiz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Datawiz For This Useful Post: