View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 7:31pm   #17
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
You are one of the few who understands this. It isn't even about some good food. it's about putting your money where your mouth is, and I don't mean that literally. Most people go through life thinking they are the customer, it's all due me. Staff doing their jobs, etc.....

Even just making a habit of looking everyone in the eye and saying thank you will go farther than 99% of employees' interactions, both from other associates and customers.

Yeah, you really differentiate yourself just by being respectful to the "guys in the back." Most of the salesholes treat the techs like shit and then wonder why the techs won't do them any favors and hate them. Well, they earned it. I knew I was in well when I asked one of our lead techs for a tool one day like I had so many times before. He actually said, "Tom, you don't need to ask, I trust you." I was floored. You never hear a tech say that to a sales guy. I thanked him for thinking well of me, but that I will always ask.
First off, nice job Craig. You'll get the effects of that which means even the ones you don't know about.

Second, I just read of a story of a saleshole at a car dealership using a techs drill to hammer a screw. Yes, using a drill to hammer a screw. The guy couldn't get the bit to fit in the drill. Hence the term saleshole, he earned that shit. The GM found out about it and made the saleshole pay up for stupidity.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post: