NCM Supporter '12,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 8,122 Times in 4,248 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10510030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
I did little digging around on these in the last coupe days. There aren’t many for
sale and those that are, are comparably priced. Springers do tend to fetch a premium.

I strongly considered trading my FXSTC buying this thing but after some consideration decided it’s a foolish move. Here’s why.

The first thing I’d do is strip the luggage, luggage rack, bumper and windshield. Then I’d replace the seat and exhaust with some fishtails. After that I’d put some apes on the thing a chrome inner-primary and all the other blingy shit my Softail has. At this point I’d have what I’ currently have parked in the garage with a springer front end.

Also, while the Evo is bulletproof, it’s also an 80 CI engine. My FXSTC is a 96 CI Twin Cam and my bagger is a 103 Twin Cam. I *had* an 80 CI Evo. It was dog. I think the step down in power would drive me insane.

The whole reason I have a bar-hopper and a touring bike is to have two bikes with completely different setups and purposes. I don’t *want* all that shit (bags, windshields, racks) on my bar-hopper. Buying this bike then ripping all the shit off it would be stupid.
Being practical is a bitch buzzkill ain't it?
Scott