10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,567 Times in 17,294 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
Christians fight a spiritual battle, not with guns and swords, but with the Word of God, to change hearts and minds.

from the KJV:

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Power of God's might (v. 10)
Truth (v.14)
Righteousness (v.14)
Gospel of peace (v. 15)
Faith (v. 16)
Salvation (v. 17)
Word of God (v. 17)
Prayer (v. 18)
Perseverance and Supplication (v. 18)

as I noted before, we are to obey laws, all laws, and pay our taxes. The only exception is if the law requires us to do something that God forbids, or if the law prohibits us to do something that God requires (like meeting together on Sunday).

and they did meet, somewhere a bit away.

once they get to court, they can address the govt and tell them they are wrong.

people in Canada, the land of politeness, are pissed at this, and rightly so.
This is what I'm trying to get through. Do you think the congregation managed to meet in secret, to worship, and somehow did not violate the same diktats that caused the police to seize their original church building? I really doubt they followed the 'law' in their new, undisclosed location. I could be wrong, but do you see my argument? Do you think they suddenly followed all the rules? They didn't follow the rules in the first place, the reason their property was impounded and the pastor spent a month in jail. They already failed to obey all laws, and they probably didn't obey all laws again today when they met at an undisclosed location.

What's the difference if they violate the law in secret, like the early Christians did, like the Christians in China do right now, today, and an attempt at active resistance we saw today, the VERY symbolic tearing down of the fences?
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: