Old 11-05-2019, 10:44pm   #9
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Activity: 6.5%

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,393 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3016342

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Kentucky and Virginia.....what happened to you guys? You used to be cool.
I voted our procedure is just like the one Jeff describes below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
Both my wife and I voted after work. PA has new voting machines now. ( they were worried about the previous ones getting hacked )

So now, you get in line and when it's your turn, give your name and you're located on the register. ( just as before )

But NOW, you get a legal sized paper ballot ( 11" x 17" ) , a folder that covers almost all of it and a black ink marker.

You go behind a cardboard privacy "booth" and fill out who you want to vote for by filling in the dot by their name. ( this my be the last election for straight party voting as our gov got new voting regs thru )

Then you put it in the folder and go to the election judge and he directs you to the scanner. YOU put the paper ballot in the "copy machine" ( he does NOT touch it unless you specifically request help and then another election official watches him (or her) load the ballot in.

It scans it and after about 10 seconds , a screen reads "CAST".

All paper ballots are locked in the machine and if the votes don't add up, the paper ballots are the "master".

Time wise this new system takes at least twice as long.

Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
Every single bond proposal was approved...wtf people, bonds are paid for by your taxes....youre voting for higher taxes you ****ing sheeple.
I voted down the bond proposal on my ballot but wouldn't be surprised if it passed.
LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote