View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 1:12pm   #41
Newby
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 10.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1000702

I drove to the Kaseya Center beside Bayside from Ft Lauderdale last week at rush hour. Just glad I wasn't going north.

Quote:
How Frequent Are I-95 Accidents in South Florida?
When it comes to I-95 accidents, South Florida takes the lead. According to a March 2022 report in the Miami New Times, a research firm analyzed two decades of data and identified a one-mile section of I-95 in Fort Lauderdale as the deadliest mile in America. Shockingly, this mile witnessed nearly 50 times the number of fatal crashes compared to the average highway mile across the nation. This finding undoubtedly makes I-95 in Florida the most treacherous highway based on this criterion alone.

The deadliest mile stretch lies between I-595 and State Road 84 in Broward County. However, it’s crucial to note that I-95 is considered significantly dangerous, with over 200 accidents occurring along its length each year. In fact, it holds the unfortunate title of being the second most hazardous highway in the country (Broward Palm Beach New Times).

The FLHSMV reports that some of the highest fatality totals in Florida occur in southern and central counties along I-95. This includes Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties. For example, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) discloses that in 2021 alone, Broward County experienced a staggering 41,376 crashes. Among these accidents, nearly 24,000 resulted in injuries; tragically, 263 lives were lost.
I get to drive that "one mile stretch" several times a week.
Newby is offline   Reply With Quote