syf350
Barn Stall Owner #30
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,656 Times in 812 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1243928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
So you think its fair that the more you make the less you should have to pay as a percentage of income? How is that logical???

What most people don't know is that the majority of wealthy people were born wealthy. Same can be said of those living in poverty. Why is it then OK to allow those on the upper end to skirt taxes while hammering those on the lower end living off food stamps? The vast majority of both are victims or beneficiaries of the class they were born into. I'd sure as hell prefer being wealthy with a 38% tax rate than living tax free on $7 an hour or unemployment.

Taxes shouldn't be based on profession, they should be based on all money taken in over the course of a year.
Doesn't matter whether or not i think it's fair,what matters is thats the way the system is, they are using it to their advantage, as would I, and they are paying a hell of a lot more than the rest of us. And beyond the 15%. they are still paying the additional taxes us common folks are paying, and more importantly, they are directly responsible for creating a much larger tax base through the corporations, employment, production, and sales of goods/services.

How are we hammering anyone on food stamps? they arent paying any taxes to begin with! all they are doing is taking our money. and those that are in that bracket that DO actually work, are probably getting refunds back that are GREATER than what they paid in! thats the crock of shit here. You're not going to get me to fixate on 15%. so the guy made $30m. wtf cares? yes, I think that dude paying $4.5 m in taxes has paid WAY more than his fair share to the .gov. he certainly did not use anywhere near those kinds of resources from the .gov, so why hammer him any more?

I don't think taxes should be profession specific either, but how the hell are the holllywood and professional sports people any less evil than corporate America? they don't contribute shit, and they are the reason entertainment prices are so high.

and your last sentence hits to the larger problem. I agree, i'd love to be wealthy enough to have tax problems. but you and I are in the minority. most would rather the $7 an hour or unemployment so they can continue to suck our tits. the entitlement generation.
syf350 is offline   Reply With Quote