Old 04-15-2021, 7:29pm   #1
09CTSV
Charter Member
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,686 Times in 652 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2106426
Default Car Dealerships

Tried working a deal with a dealership in San Antonio for the vehicle I found online and wanted. The paperwork they sent me was ridiculous. They tacked on $449 for "Theft Protection", $999 for "Aftermarket Accessories", $119 for inventory tax, $100 for doc fees and misquoted the taxes. When I wrote back and asked about the above I got the reply, "The add ons are non negotiable as is the inventory tax and doc fees. Everyone pays them we don't negotiate those."
Apparently not everyone pays them because the asshat lost a sale with his email. I laughed when he also wrote it appeared the vehicle was outside my budget. I did reply and explain I've purchased cars twice the price of this one, it was well within my budget but I wasn't giving away my hard earned money freely for nothing. I walked from a deal because the sales hole and manager were jerks. I haven't been back to that dealership nor any of their other brands since, same I'll more than likely do here.
I did get a follow up email from the General Manager, when I called him, like the email asked me to do, I was transferred to the front desk and after three rings it went to voicemail. A good warning sign to go elsewhere.
The search is back on.
09CTSV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 09CTSV For This Useful Post: