Old 07-01-2020, 7:16pm   #44
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 35.3%

Thanked 14,127 Times in 4,306 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
I’m absolutely sure I’ve worn respirators (not paper or cloth masks, but actual respirators) more than anybody here. I’ve gone in a room with enough airborne plutonium to kill you if you took two breaths without a supplied air suit. In deciding what PPE is appropriate for a hazard we use what’s called a graded approach. We don’t require respirators “just in case” or for hazards with almost no chance of happening. I hate hearing someone say “you can’t be too safe” because that’s absolutely untrue.

When do we get to stop wearing masks for this virus? Once a vaccine exists and 40% of the population don’t get it, then what? What if no effective vaccine exists for another 2 years, do we wear masks (and social distance, and drive people and businesses bankrupt, etc, etc, etc) for years?

We flattened the curve. In fact, there was no curve in most of the country to flatten. Hospitals are begging people to come in because we’ve scared or banned people from getting needed healthcare. This virus is real. Our reaction to it has been absurd from day 1.

Well, now that we have let a SARS virus infecting America, we now, like ASIA, may have to wear masks as a new norm, IN CERTAIN scenarios and counties/areas where COVID is prevalent.

You really cannot compare radiation to virus. Radiation does not use our bodies as a portal to "infect" others. I won't claim to be an expert on radiation, that's your game, but I sure as hell know a lot about infection control.

If your county has no cases, yea, I think that having mandatory mask regulations are silly. BUT, in cities where that is NOT the case, like here, where we are have 500+ cases a day and my ICU beds are filling up AGAIN..... wear the mother F'ing mask before you kill more innocent people.

Screw all the political talk surrounding this, I don't give a chit about politics, I care about innocent lives being lost.
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post: