Barn Stall Owner #3
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 4,155 Times in 1,854 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2324642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Was working at a car wash, 16 years old. Three guys I knew pulled in to get their car washed, asked me what I was doing. Said I'm just about off work and have to go home to work on my car (a constant battle with that POS.) They tried to get me to come with them, they had somehow got a bunch of those little single-serving tequilla sunrise bottles. I told them I really couldn't. They left. I heard about an hour later that just about five minutes after leaving the driver was speeding down south Main St, couldn't make a corner by Wildcat Park, and crashed. The driver was instantly killed (partially decapitated.) The front seat passenger got all sorts of injuries including his left foot basically cut off. The guy in the back seat was ejected and broke his back in three places, among other bones. I never saw him again. The front seat dude, I saw him about a month after the wreck and he said they were talking about me missing out on the fun just as they left the road.

That's probably not even the stupidest, actually. Luckiest perhaps.
My brother has a very similar story. His friends showed up at our house to take him to a job they just got, but he said he didn't want to work that day (he was 15). My mom yelled at him a lot for being lazy. They had stopped and picked up another kid after my brother said no. Ten minutes after that they decided it would be fun to jump the car over rail road tracks on a gravel road. The kid they went and picked up was killed when they hit a concrete wall, and the other 3 all spent weeks in the hospital.
C5SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote