Old 12-28-2019, 2:42pm   #19
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 34.9%

Thanked 7,068 Times in 3,124 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
My Inlaws owned a car that was hit extremely hard when literally on the way home from the dealership I can tell you even though the body shop made it absolutely perfect looking it was a rattle trap and ate tires later on. It was a new model and year and had to wait 6 months for all the parts even. Ended up being 60 to 70 % of value to fix it when all said and done. That car should have been kept a few months and dumped due to the amount of damage. Minor damage is one thing but sounds like your car will never be the same and issues will pop up later.
I picked up my current Explorer on 11/20/18. On the way home from the dealer, I'm going down a fairly main road near my house at around the 40 mph speed limit, and some douchebag pulls out right in front me. Full panic stop, 4 wheel ABS engaged kind of stop that left my front bumper about 6 inches from his driver door (because of course the best way to react when you realize you just pulled out in front of someone is to stop directly in their path), but no impact. So I was 'this close' to having the same experience as your parents!
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post: