MEC5LADY
Barn Stall Owner #32
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 1,822 Times in 963 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2204779

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshirts and jeans View Post
ok.....so i may make someone mad ...but my mom always said that my mouth would be the death of me.......so here i go....

my mom was 78 when she died of ovarian cancer.....she had the cancer for six years, went into remission twice before she passed......she never stopped doing anything.....one month before she died she was tilling and planting her garden.....mowing her 2.5 acre yard and weed eating it also.....she lived alone up until 2 weeks before she died and then i moved home to take care of her.....

my point is.....surviving cancer does not mean you get to be queen.....it means god gave you the opportunity to continue living and be thankful for every day you have with the ones you love.......you do not boss the ones you love nor do you let them have everything they want just because they want it.....

furthermore a half grown man (your son) needs some lessons in respect.....you and your wife obviously have had some medical issues and have worked hard to get where you are......and you can't get him to take trash out....wow....just wow.....i am just wondering what is going to happen to him when he has a boss that is telling him what he has to do or be fired... ....and you and your wife are not there to take care of him.... or is he going to live you all his life....when he is married (if some girl will have him) is she going to have to do everything....i.e....take out the trash.....

i am sorry but please do your son a favor and teach him the meaning of hard work, respect, and the value of money..... ....and i am not meaning to disrespect you or your wife and the way you raise your son but i would be very concerned if i were you about the man he will become without knowing these things....rant over......
I had to quote this because it's important for your son to learn responsibility. I see it every day at work and I see it in the neighborhood kids. The Dad's spend 12 hour days at work and still come home to mow the grass or do it as well as other chores over the weekend. The kids in the meantime are too busy running around going here and there living it up without learning how to take care of themselves. You never know what might happen in life and the best gift you can ever give your children is to teach them how to be self sufficient. If your son is old enough to want a basketball hoop, he is old enough to earn the money to pay for it. He is also old enough to be taking out the trash, doing his laundry and learning how to cook. The kids I see these days can't do anything for themselves because they have never had to do anything. OP I hope you don't take this as an attack on you or your wife but just pointing out reality. When your son starts out on his own if he doesn't learn how to take care of himself beforehand he is going to have a huge wake up call when he suddenly has to learn life's lessons he should have learned when he was younger.
MEC5LADY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MEC5LADY For This Useful Post: