Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 6,913 Times in 2,616 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027980

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtelvr View Post
We have three rail crossings near our house. None of which are even remotely smooth to cross over. I am not sure who is responsible for maintaining the track to asphalt transition, but I wish they would do something about these intersections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Here in Orange Park, we have two, 3 lane each way commercial highways, and a small center road of just one-two lanes each way in the middle, and the greatly raised RR track essentially follows the St. Johns River all the way down to Miami region.....OP has a nice little station there with som privately owned RR pass cars parked there, about 6 of them.....many olde tyme millionaire families used to live here....Penny, as in JC Penny, is one that comes to mind....

but the tracks have been through a MAJOR rebuild since I been here, used to be rough as a cob crossing them, now the roads were made wider and they smoothed out the humps so that even my vette rides smooth over the tracks, still a hell of a hump though.....took them about a year each to do the job, and for a month or so, the crossing was closed to street traffic, talk about a major mess, traffic through/around here is just ASStounding for a little sleepy retirement village no one ever heard of.....think it was DC or NYC....

Each crossing has a blue sign somewhere on it with a number you can call to report such things. If that doesn't work call the rail division of your state DOT and they will harass the RR for you. (Trust me, I know.)
Attached Thumbnails
RR Crossing sign.jpg  

Loco Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loco Vette For This Useful Post: