Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Thanked 7,088 Times in 3,136 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
reminds of a story from many years ago -

i was in NYC on a job assignment, we were staying at the Hotel Pennsylvania, right across the street from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. I was walking over to Penn Station, to check on something i lost on the train (it was turned in and I got it back!!), and as i'm walking the concourse back to the hotel, there's a guy pushing this 6 foot high cart full of bagels. hundreds of bagels. well, he hit a small bump, and 2 or 3 bagels decided now was their time to escape his cart.

not

so

fast.

he spotted them, picked them up, looked at them, decided they were good enough, and put them back on the cart.

so if you had a bagel in NYC in the late 90s, there is a non-zero chance you also consumed some trace of whatever goo was on the floor in Penn Station.

i didn't have a bagel for breakfast the next morning.
Having gone to grad school and worked in NYC for over 20 years, I can tell you one thing: Only tourists eat crap from the food carts and give money to the beggars on the streets. ANYONE who has spent half as much time in the city as I have has seen innumerable food-cart atrocities that put that one to shame, as well as having seen the same beggars "show up for work" at the same place at the same time day after day for literally years.

Don't be a putz.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post: