Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 74.8%

Thanked 33,848 Times in 13,715 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Being charged and being convicted are two very different things - except in the mind of a liberal who thinks they're the same thing - except when it involves a fellow liberal. There's no way at this point he could be charged and convicted before November. That doesn't mean they won't try that and every other way possible to prevent him from running against Bidumb.
Well, it's not that crystal clear to me.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

I can be confirmed as being part of a robbery without being charged with robbery. I can be confirmed as a robber because of my engagement in a robbery, without being convicted of robbery. The 14th doesn't mention conviction, only engagement. The event has to be deemed an insurrection and at that point, anyone present was engaged in the event.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote