View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 12:56pm   #20
TripleBlack
Barn Raising I
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 2,060 Times in 876 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $308343

I bought my C6 in 2007 and now have ~95k miles on it. I put ~40K miles on my 2004 C5 between '04 and '07. I've driven both on several long trips (Dallas-Seattle-San Diego-Dallas and variations of that route). Both were verts and I didn't notice that much difference in trunk capacity but the C5 has a little more according to specs. Probably taller/deeper than the C6. You have to pack smart with either for long trips.
C6 wins for comfort and convenience. Better seats and they are heated on the 2LT, which makes a big difference if you enjoy top down driving in brisk weather. The proximity key is great too.. Better top mechanism than the C5 IMO, though the C5 manual top was easy and quick to operate. The C6 has a better HUD too.
Speaking of top down driving... for some reason the C5 seemed to have much less turbulence at highway speeds. Very noticeable. I speculate that difference in the shape of the hood is a big factor. I could carry on a conversation at 70 with the top down on the c5. The C6, not so much.
As someone mentioned, a bit less leg room in the C6 but to me it made little or no difference in comfort. Guess that depends on your size. While the C6 interior is no match for a Lexus, it's a heck of a lot nicer that the C5's.
Oh, the lights... the C5's are terrible compared to the HIDs in the C6. Guess some good LED headlights would fix the C5...
The C6 seemed more refined to drive when just cruising around. It certainly becomes a sports car in a hurry when you push it, but the C5 never let me forget it was a sports car. It wasn't twitchy, just always on edge and ready respond. I've always missed that feeling in the C6 though I guess it contributes to the overall comfort. And it easily fixed by pushing it just a bit.
TripleBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TripleBlack For This Useful Post: