10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 91.4%

Thanked 41,260 Times in 17,155 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09CTSV View Post
Been there done that, was told "I'll talk to the owner and let you know in a day or two". Crickets in the back ground.
We can't send a certified letter to the owner stating they are a nuisance until the county health board dye tests the system to see which one is bad. The health director has the health officer convinced it is a state function. According to our county commissioners they appoint the board but they don't answer to the commissioners. Our city hall code enforcer has been told to not take our calls. We were annexed last year but the county is responsible for the septic systems. We hope to be on sewers in about a week but it won't solve the issue if the other idiots don't go.
I've tried our state rep for help with no response, the state health board came and looked at it and I believe recommended action but the county has to enforce it and so far we have seen no action.

So it's a rent house? The owner's name should appear on the county tax rolls. I'd track down the owner directly and knock on his door with a couple of pictures of the situation. Depending on a renter to notify the landlord? The tenant probably could care less, since his shit isn't flooding HIS yard. At least you'll know what you are facing after you talk to the owner directly. Who knows, he may want to do the right thing.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote