View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 10:06am   #9
erickpl
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $111433

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
This works for my cousin in NC as well, who presently pays 6 cents per KWH of electricity. In CA, I was paying 12 cents per KWH in 1990....33 years ago.
I am now paying 49cents per KWH in CA and am on a grid with rolling blackouts. I average 3 power outages per month. If EV's become mandated, our local society will collapse.
In 1900, 123 years ago, there were more EV's than gas powered or steam powered cars in America. That was because the old pre-starter cars were a bear to start for women and weaker folks. They had the same limitations today's EV's do, the main one being the big lie that they are clean. They are anything but. Toxic batteries, toxic mining, and getting charged from fossil fuel electric plants. Robbing Peter to Pay Paul. EV's are viable in certain settings, but for the government to foist them upon us with no alternatives in the near future is, in my mind, communism.
Kinda thinking at this point, if Lake Powell and Mead cannot provide water to California, EV power and the grid will be the least of worries out there. ;(

Your points are well taken about the grid, that's for sure.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erickpl For This Useful Post: