Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 11,563 Times in 5,702 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
Sorry you lost your friend, mrvette. Seems like he was quite an accomplished guy.
Larry and I met in '66-67? due to a chance encounter with a mutual friend...who also had a C1 Corvette, I went to HS with Larry and our them mutual friend William Dean Christiansen do a search on that name for some surprises......so Larry being a Mopar hotrodder, and me/Bill being Corvette guys we got to know each other.....Bill was married with 2? kids.....his wife left him and disappeared......Larry and I broke off the friendship when it was apparent about Bill's behaviors......

So there was this Esso station we all hung at, it used to have 3-4 islands to it, but they widened the road, so it was cut down to just one island, but on a major drag and only one on that side of the street, it remained open/profitable, and had 3 work bays.....and parking...so the hang out joint was popular with us hotrodders in the evenings/weekends.....

SO, back in HS, Larry and Anna/Jim's wife dated a bit, but life went on with college and a son for Anna.....

Any yawl on CForum some years ago might remember a guy named Don, I forget the last name, he was into airplanes and flipping all over Alaska....well Anna's son outta kolledge wanted flying lessons, so he went to flight school and got his commercial pilot's license.....and moved to Alaska as a bush pilot and at age 24 dropped off some passengers up at Prudhoe Bay, and on way back through mountain passes, missed the last turn and hit the mountain at 130 mph......they dug him off the following spring.....

So after the funeral some 27 years ago, Larry and Anna continued on racing SCCA at Summit Point Race Track.....where the Secret Service does lots of training, along with other .gov agencies......Anna totalled her 911 Porsche there.....as well as went clean over the top of another open race car just missing the guy's helmet......but with advancing time, the outright enthusiasm for the sport declined somewhat.....

now this, taking out the main support element, leaving Larry and Anna now living out in the country, and.......

mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote