Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 11,563 Times in 5,702 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipstic View Post
I’m sure there are a lot of non gun owners in the large cities...most likely many who have never shot a gun.

I grew up in farm country in central Alabama...I was 5 when I received my first BB gun (supervised when shooting of course) by seven I was shooting a 22 rifle. My family learned to respect guns from a young age.
Back 65+ years ago, when the Md. burbs of Wash DC were largely country, and the entire region didn't suffer like NYC with over population and crappy philosophy ....my background was very similar....my sister's inlaws had a 40 acre farmette, I even learned to drive there, in a WW2 General's Jeep, complete with white star on the hood.....subdivided 1/2 century ago into 1/2+ acre housing......
First ex wife was from Savannah Ga. so used to guns, second ex was from Lonk Ilant and not used to guns/no interest.......wife now had a pistol in her hand when born......

5.15 here AM, I read the above to my wife, and she strongly complained that she don't like guns, used to them being around, but she don't like them....never been much of a topic around here, really.....
mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote