Y2Kvert4me
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

The Autometer dual gauge pod has a textured plastic finish that is close to the appearance of the stock A pillar cover.

It's supposedly designed to replace the stock panel, and then drilled for push pins along the side (which are quite visible/unsightly). I found when trying to mount it this way, I had a huge gap at the front - up by the windshield where it met the dashpad.

I then tried overlaying it over the stock pillar cover, and found it fit damn near perfect and kinda wedged itself in place like that. The only downside here is that meant drilling a sizeable hole into the stock pillar cover beneath it to pass the wires to the gauges through. So, that's what I did.

For attachment, right up at the top of the door opening, near the weatherstrip, there is small trim screw present. What I did, was marked the location of that screw on the gauge pillar cover, drilled the small hole, then inserted the screw through the gauge pillar, and then into it's stock hole. It is almost invisible, and I've found it's the only attachment point needed to hold it in place....as I said the bottom fits up perfect next to the dashpad when overlayed over the stock pillar panel. Bottom of it can't really go anywhere. The one screw holds it up in place tightly, and that's all it needs to do.

I don't have any good pics of what I'm describing handy right now, but can take some if you'd like.

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote