10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,421 Times in 17,231 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six View Post
My cousins in Greensboro FL ( where the first reported fatality is) got thrashed pretty well.

I am going to,see if I can get my 18' flatbed and 8' truck box filled up with supplies and take it to them.

If I could just get them to reply back. Communications is by text only and is very spotty.
Pro-tip: Bring a couple of logging chains, in case you need to pull tree limbs or other debris out of the way.

Be aware of your gasoline situation. When we went to check on a relative's house after Hurricane Katrina, coming in from Houston, we were told there would be no gas available after Baton Rouge, in the center of the state.

As luck would have it, the house we needed to check on was relatively unscathed, had a few shingles gone, fence down and a neighbor's tree down in the yard. We spent a day and a half cleaning up the yard, then helped one of the relative's friends clean up some tree debris. Left them the extra gas and a tow chain so they could continue their cleanup, since they lived on several acres.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: