DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,998 Times in 11,829 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
Come to a state like the People ’s Republic of NY and you will see how good gun control works. They have many laws that ban restrict or otherwise harass HONEST gun people and do shit to bother the criminals. In fact most times the first thing plea bargained away is a illegal possession charge when dealing with criminals.

To legally POSESESS a handgun in NY (that means even in your home, no hard to get paper- no handgun) you have many hoops to jump through and a lot depends on the political leaning of the sheriff or the judge that must sign a legal form for EVERY purchase of a hand gun. Getting that paper could take weeks with your paid for gun still locked up in the gun store!
I've always wondered something. What if somebody like me, who owns many TheHandles and rifles decided to do something stupid and move to NY. Would i have to wait for the sheriff to sign off on them before I brought them to my house or would I have to turn them over while I wait for that paperwork? Reality is, knowing me, I'd just put them in my house and think nothing of it anyway.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote