Old 07-01-2020, 12:10pm   #41
JetMechZ16
A Real Barner
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 9,866 Times in 3,759 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $856744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
If your heart is set on it, go for it, but I wouldn’t avoid the 9mm because of a temporary 9mm shortage. Over the long run, 9mm is going to be more plentiful and cheaper than .40 S&W will ever be. If there was one caliber I could do without, it would be .40 S&W. I love my 9mm and my .45 ACP, but .40 is just meh...
I'm the opposite, I'll probably never own a 9mm. The .40 does everything the 9 mm does but better. That snappy recoil doesn't bother me. Maybe cause I have XXL sized hands it might be easier to control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
That’s a blessing in disguise.. I rarely carry a .40 S&W any more. I don’t really like the snappy recoil and I’m not particularly recoil sensitive. I do know my qualification scores are better with the 9mm and .45 ACP. The .40 S&W just has a snappiness to it that makes follow up shots slower.
I have a .45 S&W 4566 TSW that fit's my hand well and feels really good and balanced. I always feel that I shoot better with it. But the numbers don't lie, I always shoot tighter groups with my Glock 23 which always surprises me.

I like the .40, the 9mm has always seemed a bit anemic to me.
JetMechZ16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JetMechZ16 For This Useful Post: