Old 02-11-2019, 2:00am   #16
Nox
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,676 Times in 634 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7601

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
I haven't even tried for tags on anything to be honest, that's even MORE money. I just get my hunting license in case I have an opportunity to go. I really want to do a hog hunt up in NORCAL or the Central Valley. Pig is an over the counter tag here, and it's not that expensive.

The Cabin is in the California D14 Zone for Deer, which is Buck Only. I haven't tried it. It's a tough hunt with rugged terrain...the small California Mule Deer in the San Bernardino's eat a lot of sage and I hear they taste like shit...So it's not a priority.

A lot of Mountain Quail and Chukkar up there though, and I could basically walk to the forest and legally hunt them...Wish I had a dog for the Upland stuff.
I’ve hunted D14. It’s a bitch, plain and simple. A lot of people get skunked in D14. If you hunt on contingency, you should not even buy a hunting license until you plan to go. As long as you have your Hunter Safety Course certificate or an old license, you can buy a hunting license any time, just before you go hunting. If you don’t go, then you just saved your money for the year.

There are years that I don’t go hunting. I never buy a license in those years.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote