Barn Stall Owner #1776
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 29.2%

Thanked 15,024 Times in 4,314 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2002001941

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
It effects me because I see the forum the way I see a group of friends or people gathered in a bar. You talk, you discuss, you disagree, you poke fun, you get pissed, etc. I have told friends of mine they were a dumbass for something they did or told them they must have their head up their ass for believing "x". and we discuss, and move on.

The forum is that atmosphere, but with people who can't physically be in the same place. I have yet to have a disagreement with a friend and have a total stranger enter the room and send me home for 10 days when they had NO role in the discussion.

Unless a physical threat...a GENUINE physical threat takes place, the rest is banter and bullshit and doesn't need a cop in the corner.
To me, to joke around with friends, writing the words, if you all know each other, well I suppose that's all between you guys. There are other people that may read the written word not knowing the association between you and your friends (all aliases) and think it may be vulgar, uncaring, malicious, etc., and maybe that talk should be curbed. There are anonymous folks that do report that activity thinking the writer is serious, probably never here, but over there, probably more than you know.

Without being in person, observing facial mannerisms and listening to voice inflection, the uninitiated won't get it, therefore the cop in the corner to maintain decorum.

Not on either side here, just trying to be pragmatic from my point of view. If the use of the forum is important to have this back & forth fun tug-o-wars, would it not suit you to avoid the warnings and bans, etc., to just conduct it among yourselves privately in pm's or private emails?
I don't know, just asking.