View Single Post
Old 12-28-2021, 3:19pm   #109
Ghostmech
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 1.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
That's a bit of an excuse. They can take whatever position they choose on any issue they choose. The fact that they choose to prop up the Left ideology with a membership that is primarily right leaning, seems like a poor business choice to me. Imagine a firearms site that didn't support 2A.
I always thought the Corvette forum was a private site founded by a couple of enthusiasts... and it may have been in the beginning, but it is not anymore.

It was acquired by Internet Brands LLC several years ago. Internet Brands LLC is an American new media company based in California with a worth of 1.6 Billion dollars and operates online media, community, and e-commerce sites.

To make matters worse, Internet Brands was acquired by multi-billion dollar giant, KKR - Hellman & Friedman LLC a few years back, a private equity firm based in San Francisco, with offices in New York and London. In other words, Corvette Forum is a little fish in a big pond, but the change of control is obvious.

Bottom line is, the lean to the left by the people running that place (like 'Wave) answer to bigger, leftist gods up the food chain. I have no doubt there is a left lean to those that have been hired to run that place and the so-called enthusiast and free speech aspects have been diminished while corporate influence and a more progressive ideology is prevalent nowadays.
Ghostmech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ghostmech For This Useful Post: