10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,452 Times in 17,245 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
No one that makes a difference cares what China thinks or says. They're still a third world arm pit for the most part. Certainly they've no grounds to take a moral high road.

The U.S has lost its influence, because Obama and his idiot cronies have thrown it away. He had no idea what he was doing when elected, and now he doesn't have the character to admit failure and change his approach. He's a loser
I agree with all that, except I think you are underestimating China. While we are off policing the world on credit, China is out inking deals all over the world to buy the world's natural resources, for cash, something that an industrial powerhouse in the making would do. There was a time when WE were the industrial powerhouse, buying raw materials from all over the world and selling them back finished products.

And agreeing that Obama is a failure doesn't mean I want him to start yet ANOTHER no reason for/no win war. Wasn't Libya enough? Did we learn nothing from Iraq? Before we invaded Iraq, Iraq was the natural foil for Iranian aggression, paid for with Arab/Muslim money. Now, Iraq is less of a foil, but paid for with American money.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: