View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 10:08pm   #24
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
Yessir, I spent years in the dealership in all capacities in the "front," I totally can believe that story and have a few that are more outlandish. I don't get offended at the term "saleshole" and would have invented it if someone hadn't already. Most guys that work in sales on the floor are decent dudes, but a sizeable percentage are not. It takes a certain type of guy who can do what it takes to sell cars. Some do it because they are good at it, others do it because it's the only job they can get after living a dodgy life so far.....and they somehow can get "ups" to buy before they leave.

There is ONE thing that counts for being successful and making a living selling cars. It isn't product knowledge, nor responding nicely to internet leads, or getting people to like you. It's getting people to leave in a different car than the one they rode in on. That's it, no more. If they leave in the car they brought, you will never see them again. Doesn't matter how much they liked you or the shit you showed them. You will NEVER seem them again.

Thanks for the inside info. And I agree, car sales is similar to the survival of the fittest. You sell or go find another job.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post: