View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 10:41am   #32
Toque
Charter Member
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1077

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZQQH6 View Post
I have come across a vendor on auction site that sells a DOT legal housing that looks exactly like the one JW is selling and for a lot less. They come with H9 halogens & 9005 highs. Purchase your pick of vendors HID kit and you can save $200 Search modified-concept.
I originally had HID's in my low beam OEM housings (2-3 yrs) and I never had any issues when getting TX state inspections.

The ACA "style" HID Projectors from Ebay is what I put in my car after xmas. For the price $300 I am very impressed with them. They match the HID's I put in my C5 OEM fog lights too. They are both 6000K. The beam pattern is very defined and night time driving is great ! I will likely get HID bulbs for my high beams in the future too.

I chose NOT to run the huge harness that came with these lights. I instead installed the following.

Resistor pack to eliminate lights not turning up/down when commanded.
C5 Low Beam Inline Resistor - JW Motoring

and........

"Theradioflyer" sells this Hi-4 harness that keeps the low beams on when the high beams are on. Its a small harness that fits in the fuse box and is MUCh cleaner looking than the large harness that comes with the head lights.

Toque is offline   Reply With Quote