View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 5:16pm   #1
lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Activity: 4.6%

Thanked 20,246 Times in 6,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9339471
Default This is why I spend $80/month on propane...

This is Fred in the work shop:

Fred is (or "used to be" is probably more accurate) a Bengal. He's about 18-years-old, pretty feeble, almost deaf. On cold days he stays in the work shop and eats and sleeps. On nice days he still likes to disappear to Gawd knows where. I worry that he'll get killed by a dog, possum, or a coyote. I know that one day he won't come home. I'll just have to assume that he died a natural, peaceful death.

To those of you who say I should keep him inside, that's not an option with Fred. He hates being inside the house; he screams at the door as if he's being tortured. I don't know if you've ever heard a Bengal scream, but it's eerie...and loud.

Fred has an abcess on his cheek, likely from a tooth problem since he has a history of bad teeth.

I drained it with a hypodermic needle and applied anti-bacterial ointment. I'll take him to the vet Monday, but I knew he needed relief now. There are no pet emergency places here. The swelling has gone down considerably. BTW, that's just eye drainage, not blood; the camera flash made it look red.

Bless you, old fella.

Last edited by lspencer534; 03-02-2013 at 5:45pm.
lspencer534 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to lspencer534 For This Useful Post: