Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
We sit here in our homes and watch the rioters destroy city after city, like locusts, and bitch about it. This kid strapped up and idealistically said, "not on my watch." He was there to defend. And now the leftist politicians, police, and D.A.'s are going to crucify him. It's infuriating.
It IS infuriating. I completely agree with you. But I think you have to remember that not all of us are in a position where we can arm up and go on a crusade to stop these thugs. In theory, anyone can, yes. But in practice, it's one thing to be a 17-28 year old where you have the luxury of time to have even major life mistakes correct themselves so you can go on and have a reasonably good future. It's quite another thing when you're pushing 50-plus and have families and responsibilities to others as many of us do, and at that point strapping on an AK and going out to defend others and find targets isn't such a cut and dried option.

I'm sure that if the shit were to really hit the fan and it came down to them or us, no one here would hesitate to defend themselves and their loved ones. But at this point choosing your battles is the wise thing for many of us to do.

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post: