Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 13.3%

Thanked 11,578 Times in 5,710 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wathen1955 View Post
Same goes for medical products. A product works on 99.9% of the population, but it does not work on some individuals, so they sue claiming that the product is defective for
multi-millions in compensation.
Like that tummy/stomach mesh hernia crap.....Decades ago I had an accident when messing around with an old friend, got stabbed/poked in the belly button with a screwdriver.....did not bleed, but hurt for a short while....pains came/went for decades, then in early 2012 I had to start wearing a tummy brace/bandage/support, and with being Florida and all, it caused itching/rashes and so I finally gave in and had a mesh planted behind my belly button...recovery went well at home that same day, and 3-4 daze later I was fine, couple weeks later back to normal.....

that lasted maybe 3 years, then I noted some discomfort/pain in that specific area....and never made the association of other symptoms and pains with the mesh....and of course on FB, I started seeing adds from lawyers about stomach cramps/mesh symptoms.....doing a Google on it/them I found a list about 6 items long that aligned with my issues....so over the last ~2 years I have been fighting this issue, in/out of the ER a few times....and finally noted my original surgeon had left town and is living in Ca. now....gone about as far as he could....seemed off/odd.....so I made another appointment with another surgeon who denied that ANY of my symptoms are related to the mesh....

which is where it stands now, HE said it's all lawyer driven BS....that in europe/asia the rest of the world has no issues with this mesh, but only here in America......I think it's total bullshit what he was trying to convince me of....

mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote