Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 13.7%

Thanked 11,578 Times in 5,710 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Whitepower... View Post
If the microwave was on top of the oven it would have been even higher up than it is now which would work. As for the hood. My wife wanted a downdraft so that's what she got. Besides with the basment being unfinished it was the easiest thing to do versus tearing into walls and cutting through 20+ studs just to route the exhaust outside. Recirculation fans suck. That's what we had before. We wanted a true exhaust.
I can't help but comment on kitchen exhaust fans, keep in mind that air has to come from somewhere, and typically that is from inside the house , so the HVAC unit has to take up the slack, the best control for that is a 4" or maybe 6" vent to outside air, in the return stack of the air handler....so when the HVAC is running the house is actually under a mild + pressure, and the kitchen vent has a easy source of air to draw on, air handler running or not....
keeps all that outside air from being sucked into the interior...aids the flow rate on the kitchen exhaust.....same for bathroom fans too, really but obviously there is not THAT much flow....

Thomas Edison

All products should say "Do not use if your stupid".....

I love how Progressives want to have Darwinism taught in schools but denied as a reality in life.
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote