Old 01-25-2020, 5:13pm   #8
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 11,563 Times in 5,702 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

I am unsure watt is different, but 20 years ago a friend at the time had a '92? ZR1 and we went to a Daytona event that allowed us to circle the track, so he was driving/me dummy seat, and he dropped way back off the pack prior to a very steep incline...it MAY have been on that video.....and took her up to 130 mph I remember that we could not see anything out the front window except stripe and tarmac.....no sky/light it was not raining, obviously.....

so we caught up with the pack, and strangely enough no one raised hell with us, he was expecting to be tossed off the track.....

in that time frame, I was in the pit area, outside the fence, pit 'pass' but not the large neck hanger the real crews had....well they shoved me and another guy through with a parts/tires/tool cart for one of the teams, we shuffled aside and crossed our arms in front of us and stuck to the outer fence to stay the hell outta the way of the madness......but after an hour, a guard caught up with us..... they didn't get mad, just asked us to LEAVE!!!! so back to the 'pit' area to watch through the fence.....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote