Old 03-09-2021, 9:01am   #79
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 24.5%

Thanked 14,217 Times in 4,349 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
What I'm not understanding is why a garage queen with 6000 miles on the clock needs a full restoration.
My error, it has 36K original miles. Again, I had minimal involvement with the car, the vette was my "project car".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
Does that mean nothing more than 4 letters?

I've actually gotten less tolerant of BS as I've become older. Chalk it up to angry old man syndrome, I guess. But I expect at least reasonable service independent of whether it's a restaurant, or in this case, the restoration of a classic car.

You're well within your rights to get all up in this business' face for this treatment. While the auto repair business is full of absolute jackasses, I wish you the best
Funny, but since you pointed it out, I think ALL the words I used were 4 letter words, except "cocksucker".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
Praying you get everything for the car back Nicole, best of luck and remember it gets easier and less stressful from here.
Thanks I could not even sleep last night, I was so pissed off when I got home, I just laid in bed steaming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
Perhaps if you can find one on the quick get an expert to see what's missing? Might save some time and hassle.
Great advice. Working on doing just that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMVette View Post
If there's anything you need for me to help you with here in Charlotte on the Corvette, let me know. But I doubt he'll let me in to see it, he didn't last time...
Thank you! Appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Sorry to hear that. This pic tells me everything and more I need to know about that shop. It's an absolute unorganized shithole. NFW I'd leave a car there after seeing that mess. Whoever owns and runs that is a hoarder, not a restorer. He/they need serious mental help.
Yea, they guys has OEM parts for Shelby's and Cobras lining all the walls and hanging from the ceiling. He has a whole separate building full of original user manuals etc. He is sitting on a gold mine of parts and cars. I should have taken pics of the cars he currently has in the shop. He gets them from all over the US and is well known and gets paid big $$$$ for the work he does. I have no idea how anyone functions at that level of disorganization. My OCD would never allow that.

Getting the car out of there is not going to happen. We have no where to take it right now and its already been there for so many years, what difference does it make now???

Tim and I plan to commit one evening a week to start doing what we can to search for parts, organize and see what we are capable of tackling.
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post: