Anjdog2003
Due to inflation they are no longer free
Activity: 65.8%

Thanked 25,751 Times in 10,029 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $324490

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
People ask ALL the time why hubs and I do not "Pay the guy"

The instances where "paying the guy" resulted in more problems than resolutions, is too frequent to count.

Starting to wonder if I have been jinxed by some distant cousin of S~N~V

As any of you that have known me for some time, know I am dealing with the restoration of a 68 vette as well as a 68 Jag XK-E E type convertible that my father was in the final stages of a concours restoration.

My father was a journeyman machinist prior to retirement, and was helping a buddy of his work in his Mustang Shelby/cobra restoration specialty shop (without pay). My dad "worked" there for over 15 years. His "friend" and shop owner had an agreement that in trade for FREE labor and my father using his machinist skills to fabricate parts etc, he would help with the concours restoration of the Jag. Needless to say, my Dad did 99% of the work on his own car without any help, and spend most of his time helping with cars coming into the shop. Some of these cars were extremely rare and a few sold for millions at Barrett-Jackson.

So.... on my fathers death bed, my dad spoke to the shop owner and made him "promise" he would finish the last of the restoration so that I could show the car as my father had dreamed of.

It has been 5 years since my father passed. The wife of the shop owner is a friend of the family. She has constantly said that they will get to the jag in a couple of weeks, after they move a current car out. Well this was the story for the entire time my Dad was there: "your car is NEXT!

Well, a month ago, she called and said her husband got fired from his 35 year career as a shelter insurance agent, due to a sexual harassment accusation by his secretary, and they are not able to do the car because he needs to do other work for pay.

To say I am so fuggin DONE with lying people is an understatement. People of honest character are a rare breed in todays society. Everything from simple home projects, to these auto restoration projects become a cat a mouse game of lies/promises and dead ends. When I tell someone something, I am a person of my word, and I expect the same from others. SO disappointed that integrity/ethics seems to be extinct in the majority of people!!!!

RANT OVER....... fug people.

I got as far as "People ask ALL the time" then i nodded off. Must be the Meds.
Anjdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjdog2003 For This Useful Post: