Old 03-04-2021, 1:26pm   #31
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 35.3%

Thanked 14,127 Times in 4,306 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Doing a true concours restoration on a car like the Jag is not something most shops will or can do, and yes, it's VERY expensive. Is the Jag really worth what a concours restoration will cost, or will you end up with more money in it than it's worth? I suspect it's the latter, and a concours restored car is not one you'd want to drive. Why not restore it and drive it, which would seem to better honor your dad?
Yes, the car is very valuable, was owned by a doctor, purchased by my dads band mate and best friend. Only had ~5K miles on it. Dad's best friend went to Vietnam and when he came back from nam, the car had been in the garage for 4 years and would not run.

He told my Dad he could have it for a ridiculously low price because my dad knew a lot about cars and could get it running, which he did, but did not drive it. Maybe drove it twice a year to pull it around the block and wash it. The car sat, garage kept till my Dad retired and started the restoration. The car was 100% original and extremely low miles.

My Dad knew the value of the car and rarity, and made it clear it would be a trailer queen and not driven, also that it would be a concours restoration.

I promised my Dad I would show the car, but cannot do that till the restoration is complete obviously. Unlike many others, I plan to honor my word.....
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post: