Old 03-04-2021, 12:40pm   #28
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 72.7%

Thanked 33,431 Times in 11,741 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
As for the Jag, finding a place that works on classic British cars is to say the least HARD and to find one that will get involved in a concours restoration project are, as I am finding, non existent other than than East coast and west coast. Then I am back in the same boat with entrusting a vehicle half way across the country and unable to monitor and stay on the shop.

The last chitty part, is I have spent all the funds we had saved up for the project and so finding another shop is great, but then accessing more funds, that have already been flushed down the toilet, is a whole other issue.
Doing a true concours restoration on a car like the Jag is not something most shops will or can do, and yes, it's VERY expensive. Is the Jag really worth what a concours restoration will cost, or will you end up with more money in it than it's worth? I suspect it's the latter, and a concours restored car is not one you'd want to drive. Why not restore it and drive it, which would seem to better honor your dad?
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post: