Old 03-04-2021, 12:14pm   #25
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 17.6%

Thanked 14,231 Times in 4,354 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I'd be pissed too, but as was said earlier, it's not altogether unexpected. Although your dad already paid (with his own labor) up front, I'm sure the guy prioritized work that would pay him now.
Research other shops and find someone with integrity. They are out there. Good luck!
That's the hard part, with every single shop, I did my research. Transmission shop was the ONLY place that was honorable and did work they were paid for in a timely fashion. No shocker the shop owner was in his early 70's and ran the place with an iron fist.

As for the Jag, finding a place that works on classic British cars is to say the least HARD and to find one that will get involved in a concours restoration project are, as I am finding, non existent other than than East coast and west coast. Then I am back in the same boat with entrusting a vehicle half way across the country and unable to monitor and stay on the shop.

The last chitty part, is I have spent all the funds we had saved up for the project and so finding another shop is great, but then accessing more funds, that have already been flushed down the toilet, is a whole other issue.
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post: