10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,301 Times in 17,177 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
Bingo, these people played the market and lost. IF we don't help wall street investors cover their daily losses, these folks trying to play the electrical market shouldn't be treated any differently.

Sorry not sorry, they should have known what they were doing before agreeing to a spot rate. $9.99 was the state mandated cap on pricing, and it hit that price last summer, so this wasn't a shock. As you pointed out Griddy TOLD their customers to leave. I hope there's zero write off's, zero state subsidies and zero help for these idiots.
This! Absolutely this. Most all year, the Griddy people were smiling and laughing, generally paying about half what their neighbors were paying for electricity. But oh noes, now they have to pay more, and we should also care.

Let's just say I care as much about them, as they did about me when I was paying high prices for the rest of the year. No bail outs.

They all went into it eyes wide open. They gambled, they won most of the year, then they crapped out last week.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote